Re: [exim] exim 4.41 with cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 on FC2

Author: Andrzej Filip
To: exim-users
CC: Russell King
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.41 with cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 on FC2
Russell King wrote:
> I'm trying to get exim 4.41 to work with cyrus-imapd 2.2.3 on a FC2
> machine, but I'm having problems, and they're all revolving around
> the various different db4 handling methods.
>
> Since the machine onto which this is being deployed has virtual
> domains and multiple local users, we need a way to work out when
> to deliver mail to the cyrus imap subsystem, and when to use local
> mailboxes.
>
> I found this (modified) fragment in the exim C045 configuration sample:
> [...]
>
> Naturally, if you use db_dump and tell it that the "home directory"
> is /var/lib/imap/db, it's able to dump the database.
>
> Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to tell exim's dbmnz lookup
> to use these log files / where the home directory is, which kind'a
> makes it hard to use cyrus-imapd with exim.
>
> Has anyone else come across this problem, and if so how did they
> solve it?

One solution is to use well defined protocols instead of accessing "internal
data structures".

It is possible to use LMTP callouts for checking presence of cyrus mailbox:
http://anfi.anfi.net/exim/rtvcyrus.html

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@??? anfi@???
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://anfi.homeunix.net/exim/