Re: [Exim] Retry timeout option of "defer"

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Dean Brooks
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Retry timeout option of "defer"
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Dean Brooks wrote:

> Would it be possible to add a "defer" error option for retry rules
> so I could set a lower threshold for these hosts that are cluttering
> up the queue?

You mean this Wish List item?

(146) 15-May-2000 M Allow SMTP error codes in retry rules

This would allow special handling of certain errors from certain hosts. In
particular, it would allow failing of certain 4xx codes.

Quite a geriatric Wish List item, in fact. I'll see if I can find time
to think about this one, as it is clearly still relevant. (But not for
the next release, which is mainly maintenance.)