Re: FW: [Exim] Message-ID header

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: FW: [Exim] Message-ID header
Mark Smith said:

>> Have to admit, I do this the same way, though I capitalise ID: Ie:
>>
>>   # But do add Message-ID: and Date: headers for hosts in relay_hosts
>>   warn  hosts = +relay_from_hosts
>>         condition = ${if !def:h_Message-ID: {1}}
>>         message = Message-ID: <E$message_id@$primary_hostname>
>>   warn  hosts = +relay_from_hosts
>>         condition = ${if !def:h_Date: {1}}
>>         message = Date: $tod_full

> For some reason the first test failed, but it's now working. Thanks to
> everyone for their help.
>
> However I don't see how I could have worked that out from the
> documentation;
> where is the syntax of the condition defined, for example? Or am I being
> dim?

No, not really - the docs are not well organised for researching stuff
like that, you only really pick it up if you read them right through.
Philip's Exim4 book is also recommended reading.

You'd need to know that you needed an ACL, then understand what a
condition does, and that it's a string expansion, then find the section on
expansion variables and operators.

Peter