Re: [Exim] unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP comma…

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Sean Linus
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP command
On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 12:45, Sean Linus wrote:
> > This kind of problem, if it is consistent and repeatable, is often
> > caused by interfering things in the network path. Firewalls, for
> > instance. Cisco PIX is notorious.
>
> Yep, seems like since Aug 16 according to my log. The amazing part is
> only from that domain we're having a problem.

The duff firewall or broken network is likely to be at their end...

Two thing that might be worth trying:-
     1. Turn off ESMTP by setting smtp_banner to not include the string
        ESMTP (this is a bit of a fudge)
     2. Turn off ident queries (rfc1413_* options) in case there is a
        broken firewall around.

    Nigel.