Re: [Exim] unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP comma…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sean Linus
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] unexpected disconnection while reading SMTP command
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Sean Linus wrote:

> Aug 16 13:21:16 ms1 exim[20635]: 2004-08-16 13:21:16 unexpected
> disconnection while reading SMTP command from (e250.remotehost.com.tw)
> [211.72.XXX.XX]:22309

This kind of problem, if it is consistent and repeatable, is often
caused by interfering things in the network path. Firewalls, for
instance. Cisco PIX is notorious.

> Note: We can still send email to them (remotehost.com.tw); only
> receiving is the problem.

Does it depend on message size?

The ultimate debugger for this is to use tcptrace to see exactly what
packets you are seeing on the network connection.