RE: [Exim] partial wildcard aliases

Author: Mike 'Fraz' White
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] partial wildcard aliases

for
> > wildcard aliases.
> >
> > What I want is for all addresses of the form 'bg-*' to be sent to a
> > certain local user, and for 'tg-*' to be sent to another one.
>
> You don't need to do this with aliases at all (unless you want to).
> Something like this
>
> local_part_suffix = -*
> local_part_suffix_optional
>
> in a router will cause Exim to disregard the -anything suffix when

routing
> the message (but it will still be there for processing in a filter

file
> etc). There's a complete example at
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_42.html#SECT42.7

which
> does
> some very qmail-like things.
>
> Peter

Or if you do want to use aliases I think something like

wildcard_alias:
driver = redirect
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/etc/aliases.wildcard}}
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

in the directors should do it (note the '*' after the lsearch)

(I currently use this as a 'catchall' to redirect unknown users to a
specific mailbox)
--
Mike 'Fraz' White
www.smartowner.co.uk