Re: [Exim] .Forward File Help

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] .Forward File Help
On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 08:23:03AM +1200, Tristram Cheer said:
> --
> Hi All
>
> I'm having issues with my .forward file, what I am tring to do is sort the
> incoming mail into subfolders, this works fine however I end up with the
> message sitting in the correct subfolder AND a copy of the message sitting
> in the inbox
>
> This is a my forward file
>
> # Exim filter
> if $header_subject: contains "[gpl]"
>   then
>      save $home/Maildir/.Smoothwall/
>              save $home/Maildir/.BugTraq/
> endif

> save Maildir/
> # Done

finish? I'm fairly sure that's what you want. Right now you're saying:
if (pattern match) { then save to folder}
endif
save to inbox

You want to stop after save to folder. I'm fairly sure finish will do
that for you, although I am not great at filter files.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Mr. Cole's Axiom:  The sum of the       |
|  steve@???             | intelligence on the planet is a         |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | constant; the  population is growing.   |