Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support
On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 16:48 +0100, Tim Jackson wrote:
> SPF is an utterly stupid, broken idea. The only conceivable use I can see
> of SPFv1 is to publish records saying "this domain does not send mail,
> ever".

Which, if we're going to have to change the way the whole world works
anyway, can be far better achieved by removing the old hack to look at A
records if there are no MX records.

Out of interest, does the same apply to AAAA records in the absence of
an MX record? What should one do with an email for the domain
phoenix.ipv6.infradead.org, for example?

--
dwmw2