Re: [Exim] [EXAMPLE]Filter file to log all bcc address

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [EXAMPLE]Filter file to log all bcc address
On 25 May 2004 at 17:32, rtm wrote about
    "[Exim] [EXAMPLE]Filter file to log ":

| Some of our users like to send messages using BCC(blind carbon copy),
| thus, though the receiver got email, but he can't know other
| receivers.

Not necessarily true. It is legal for the MUA to include a BCC:
header listing all BCC recipients in the copy of the message sent to
the BCC recipients. Thus all BCC recipients may be able to see each
other, depending on what the MUA does. It is only the To: and Cc:
recipients that are not allowed to see the BCC recipients.

| As postmaster, sometimes I'm asked to lookup information
| for these messages, but there is no "To:" list the message raw text.

| For this, I use the system filter to log all recipients in a hidden
| field (in message header).

What do you mean, "hidden field"?

| Below is the filter:

| # Exim filter

| # Hold all recipients to prevent disclose rcpts from bcc
| headers remove "X-Rrecipients"
| headers add "X-Rrecipients: $recipients"

What prevents any recipient from looking at the raw headers and
seeing the BCC recipients?

- Fred