[Exim] Underscore in domain part (rcpt to phase)

Author: ronny.vaningh
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Underscore in domain part (rcpt to phase)

I currently have a problem forcing exim to accept mail to addresses like

user@host_p.domain.tld

I have allowed the use of underscores in the helo but now it fails
during the rcpt to phase

When issueing a rcpt to:<user@host_p.domain.tld>

Exim answers with:

501 <malformed address: _p.domain.tld> may not follow user@host

It seems that the address gets cut at the _ (underscore)

I have turned off all syntactical checks in the acl_check_rcpt

Any ideas

Thanks

Ronny

**** DISCLAIMER ****
"This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information
which is confidential and/or protected by intellectual property
rights and are intended for the sole use of the recipient(s)named above.
total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form)
by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
by telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer.
Thank you for your cooperation."