Re: [Exim] ACL to ALLOW only mentioned attachments type and …

Author: James P. Roberts
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] ACL to ALLOW only mentioned attachments type and block *
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Bowyer" <peter@???>
<snip>
> What you want to stop is attachments that a vulnerable system would treat
> badly. A .scr will only be executed by a Windows system if it arrives called
> something.scr, content-type notwithstanding.

This is not strictly true. I believe a .scr type file will be executed by
Windows if the file extension is any executable type, or if the extension is a
CLSID of an executable type.

Someone please correct me if this is wrong.

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.

p.s. - Peter, did you know that bowyer.org is currently "unrouteable"?