Re: [Exim] ACL to ALLOW only mentioned attachments type and …

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] ACL to ALLOW only mentioned attachments type and block *
On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 01:49:08PM +0000, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> Any software which handles mail attachments according to different
> rules is unfit for use in an Internet context. What we're seeing here
> is just another symptom of that widespread disease.

Try walking into the real world, where rejecting attachments wit .exe
extensions is actually quite effective and reasonable, if you explain
why in the bounce. It's not a substitute for a virus checker, it isn't
infallible, but it catches a lot of user stupidity.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.