Re: [Exim] delivery without mainlog entry?

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] delivery without mainlog entry?
Marten Lehmann <lehmann@???> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the problem, that not all deliveries are logged to mainlog, so
> I can't keep track of things. When calling /usr/sbin/sendmail
> (symlink to exim) to send mails some messages are logged, other
> don't. What could be the reason for that?

Have a quick look to see if you have any entries in /var/log/maillog, or
wherever sendmail would log things on your system.

I thought I had the same problem once - turned out that there was another
sendmail symlink somewhere which some program was calling, that still
resolved to 'real' sendmail rather than exim.

Peter