[Exim] forward the mail for root

Author: Krauss, Robert
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: [Exim] forward the mail for root
Hi,

I act in place of the mail-admin who is off sick. Exim is version 3.35.

Where can I change the forward adress who whom the 'root'-mails are send? What I found out ist that each mail for user@??? ist redirected to user@??? and forwarded to our 'normal' mail server. But mail for root@??? (or root@localmachine) must be forwarded to nameduser@???.

I tried to use a .forward file (chmod'ed to 644) with a line only containing 'nameduser@???' and I restarted exim. But it didn't help.

Any hints for me?

TIA.

Greetings