[Exim] socket bind() to port 25 for address (any IPv4) faile…

Author: prince
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] socket bind() to port 25 for address (any IPv4) failed: Address already in use: waiting before trying again
I am trying to test exim wth the help of documentation present at
http://www.tty1.net/virtual_domains_en.html.

I see the following error message in the /var/spool/exim/log/mainlog file.

socket bind() to port 25 for address (any IPv4) failed: Address already in
use: waiting before trying again

sudo netstat -natep | grep 25

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:25              0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      0          2852       2734/xinetd

How do I get rid of the xinetd from listening on port 25. I have qmail
installed on the system. But I stopped qmail, before stopping exim.

Thanks,
Prince.