RE: [Exim] Exim 4.30 bug in handling large error files on Li…

Author: Eli
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim 4.30 bug in handling large error files on Linux
I haven't checked the include files on my systems, but I'd assume there must
be some constant defined that holds the maximum file size limit - hopefully
this goes by the same name on most systems? Would it not be possible to
compute a running tab of the data written to any log file (and on startup
take the file size as the starting point) so that once it reaches near (I
say near because it's always better to be safe than sorry) the system limit,
it automatically rolls over to a new log file?

It could throw off 3rd party scripts/programs written to read in logfiles,
but it would be safer than having exim go nuts until it's fixed manually.

Just an idea thrown into the air!

Eli.