Re: [Exim] frozen delivery messages

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Paul
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] frozen delivery messages
> ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 1d

12h for my servers

> timeout_frozen_after = 5d

7d for my servers.

The ignore_errmsg_errors_after kills off frozen bounce messages. If a
non-bounce is frozen, I want to keep it around so I can do something with
it. 7d I think was default.

> I will change these to 1h for each of them. Does this seem resonable? When i
> look at mailq output (after it takes a long long time) I see almost all of
> the mailqueue is *** frozen *** which I suspect are permenant errors/frozens
> that we are holding onto for no apparent reason. Any thoughts before i
> change it?

Try this to remove all frozen messages (including non-bounce):
exiqgrep -zi | xargs exim -Mrm

You can add -f "" if you want to do only bounce. I have not tried it
though, the line above I have tried and use frequently. However, I don't
have many bounces.