Re: [Exim] headers remove for bounce mails?

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] headers remove for bounce mails?
Eli wrote:
> I don't think you can do this via routers or transports.

Thought that allready. Bummer.

> It *might* work via a system filter, but I am not sure.

Uh, if it does, that's one of the solutions I might not want to use,
it's not that important after all.

> So, your router that removes that header only removes the header if
> it accepts the message.

Fairly obvious.

> So, when your bounce happens - it's happening probably because none
> of your routers accepted the message, and so exim bounces it, however
> it bounces it with the original message.

It bounces because the smtp transport fails due to a remote server
error, but this doesn't change anything for the bounce, I'd say.

Thanks anyway,
daniel