Re: [Exim] Exim Handle Non-User Question

Author: Torsten Mueller
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim Handle Non-User Question

"Jason L. Schwab" schrieb:

> Heya Folks;
>
>         I am setting up exim on a few servers here, and I have ran into
>         something, I can not seem to figure out, so I figured I would send
>         the exim mailing list an email.

>         I am running Exim 4.20 With MySQL Support on FreeBSD. It runs just
>         peachy, and is nice and stable, but I want to add in support to
>         have any incoming mail that would normally get a "550 unknown
>         user" error, to instead pipe out to a perl script that I am
>         going to have handle it.

Place a router as the last router (in my config below
the localuser router) i.e.

nouserrouter:
    driver=accept
    transport=nousertransport

and place a transport in the transport section, which pipes
the messages to your script, i.e.

nousertransport:
    driver=pipe
    command = "/usr/local/exim/bouncescripts/nosuchuserhere.pl argument"
    user: exim

Torsten