Re: [Exim] Migrating from qmail-LDAP to exim

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Nathan Ollerenshaw
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Migrating from qmail-LDAP to exim
Nathan Ollerenshaw wrote:

> Has anyone here done a migration from qmail-LDAP to exim?

Not me. But I use Exim 4 and Postfix 2.0 with the same LDAP DIT and the
same schemas.

> As far as I can tell, it should be easy to have both MTAs use the same
> LDAP schema.

LDAP is universal and you should be able to do the same with Exim 4 as
with Qmail.

> I'm hoping that someone has already written an Exim4
> config file that uses the qmail-ldap schema.

Simply try standard Exim LDAP-based routers (search the archives or
consult the Exim 4 book, what's in the Exim docs isn't very helpful) and
adapt these to your Qmail LDAP searches.

I wouldn't have answered, but no-one else has :)

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

http://www.billy.demon.nl