Re: [Exim] startup errors

Author: Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. G8TIC
To: exim-users
CC: Sean Bushby
Subject: Re: [Exim] startup errors
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Bushby" <seanbushby@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 2:25 PM
Subject: [Exim] startup errors

Hi Everyone

I tried compiling Exim, I got it compiled alright. I then made
the symbolic /usr/lib/sendmail -> /usr/exim/bin/exim

But when I run "./exim start" it seems as thought it's trying to
send mail rather than waiting for conenctions.

I get an error message

exim: niether action flags nor mail addresses given

Any ideas people

Regards
Sean

To run Exim as a daemon in background with a queue run every
15 minutes, do as you would with sendmail:

        /usr/exim/bin/exim -bd -15m

Not sure what your "./exim start" is _actually_ trying to do, sounds
like you're ending up running Exim with a command arg of "start"
which means nothing to it...

I use the following script in /etc/rc.d/init.d on our RedHat 6.2 systems
to start/stop Exim at boot:

#!/bin/sh
#
# exim      This shell script takes care of starting and stopping
#           Exim - the alternative MTA to sendmail.
#
# by Mike Tubby (mike@???)
#
# Note: chose a sensible time for queue runs in the "-q" option on
# your system below.
#

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions