RE: [Exim] How to treat SMTP error 550 (Relaying denied) as …

Author: Dave C.
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: David Searles, Exim Users Mailing List
New-Topics: [Exim] Re: several messages
Subject: RE: [Exim] How to treat SMTP error 550 (Relaying denied) as a temporary failure
He's getting the 5xx code from the RELAY due to an intermittent problem
with their POP/SMTP relay auth, not from the end destination..

Since no on else seems to have answered, I will volunteer that AFAIK,
there is no way to tell exim to treat the 5xx codes as temporary (at
least, not without changing the code, which is possible if you can hack
C, since exim is opensource..)