[Exim] HELP: smtp auth in exim 3.14

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] HELP: smtp auth in exim 3.14
Hello folks

Can some kind soul point me to a howto for setting up smtp auth (using say,
plain password) in Exim 3.14? The usual problem - corporate users forgetting /
not knowing how to change their smtp server when traveling.

There's a fairly wide range of clients in circulation in this org though -
what'd be the best method of auth (supported by most 'doze mail clients)? I'm
assuming that it is plaintext password. The pop before smtp scripts in the exim
faq wont do - smtp auth of some kind would be needed here.

Thanks
-suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet<@>efn.org
You spamma my mailbox, I nukea da mailbox