Re: [Exim] storing filter 'files' in a db

Author: Philip Hazel
To: George Schlossnagle
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] storing filter 'files' in a db
On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, George Schlossnagle wrote:

> Is it possible to store the text of a filter file in a database?

I'm afraid not. This is already a Wish List item, though whether it will
be looked at before the next release I cannot say.

> file = ${lookup mysql{select filter_file from filters where login='${local_part}'}{$value}fail}
>
> The documentation implies that this won't work

You could do that, but it expects the lookup to yield the name of the
filter file, not the content.

> Any suggestions?

Cross your fingers and hope I manage to get to the Wish List item! Very
shortly I shall be stopping development in order to pull the next
release together. This is a small item; I *may* get to it.