Re: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection - filter attached (f…

Author: Dr Yann Golanski
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection - filter attached (fwd)
On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 09:37:52AM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> > Sean Malloy <sean@???> is letting us known that changing the
> > virus to use a WSF extension instead of VBS is just as affective. WSF
> > stands for Windows Scripting File. Antivirus vendors that want to be
> > proactive might want to add this extension to their signatures. The
> > file contents would look something like this:
>
> Such a list of extensions - wonder if .doc, .xls etc should be added
> too :-)
>
> WSF added to the filter's list of culprits....

...and here lies the problem... Of course, we all know that .doc and
.xls are bad things that should not be used, but luser are such that
they will complain bitterly if they cann't send those.

Of course, they will moan when they get hit by a virus, but realy...

--
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer
PGP: www.kierun.org/pgp/key                 Mailmaster for the Planet Online