Re: [Exim] LoveBug as HTML attachment

Author: Andromeda
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] LoveBug as HTML attachment
At 14:18 05/05/2000 +0300, you wrote:
>No. It's time to filter for .htm/.html attachments and then, if
>there, throw the message away. Same goes for GIFs, JPEGs, Word
>documents, Excel spreadsheets, and messages larger than 50K.

And once again, everyone is in a frenzy about nothing.

Yes, the virus is pesky, yes, it makes it easy for others to modify it.
However, to ban ANY executable, ANY spreadsheet, ANY message larger than
50K, ANY GIF or JPEG is over the top.

We are the infrastructure providers, and we can only do so much without
being called fascist, restrictive, government agents or whatnot. So, as far
as that is concerned, all we can do is add something to the $subject (i.e.
"WARNING (POSSIBLE VIRUS): $orig_subject")

Andromeda

- The Andromeda HTML Workshop - http://www.htmlworkshop.com/
Home of Search & Replace 98