[exim] -qq and delivering multiple mails in one SMTP connect…

Author: Heiko Schlichting
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] -qq and delivering multiple mails in one SMTP connection
Hi,

given this situation:

    - Exim version 4.66
    - there are many mails in the queue which are addressed to one specific
      provider (GMX in my example below),
    - I want to deliver all (or at least many of them) in a single SMTP
      connection starting a manual queue run.

So I tried this:

    exim -v -qq -oB 0 -Rrf 'gmx\.(de|net|at)$'

This is fine expect an important aspect: every mail in the queue generates
a new connection. As far as I understand "-qq" is the option which should
have prevent that. The first stage (scanning the queue) does happen but
I didn't notice any difference during delivery with smtp transport.

Any ideas?

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko@???       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin